Most banks won’t bank hemp-related businesses. At West Town Bank & Trust, we don’t just bank hemp, we embrace it. We’ve built a hemp program uniquely tailored to the challenges of hemp-related businesses. We provide a full suite of commercial banking services and we’re experts on the rules and regulations, so you feel unquestionably safe and secure banking with us.
Simply put, hemp-related businesses bank at West Town Bank & Trust because we know hemp.
We Are Committed To Helping The Hemp Industry Grow
Hear from our customers & partners
“We’ve seen a number of banks that have said they are going to get involved in the industry, but then it ends up that their interest is short lived. West Town Bank, on the other hand, is committed for the long haul.”
Co-Founder & CEO
“It was amazing to find a bank that truly understands the hemp industry and was willing to listen to my story. West Town Bank not only has banking services I need, but they also provide recommendations and network connections that helps move us further along in the industry.”
Chief Operating Officer
“Being from an organization that represents a variety of stakeholders trying to build a thriving hemp industry, I’ve had countless conversations with cultivators, processors, extractors and retailers in North Carolina, and many are experiencing the same challenges when it comes to banking. We look for partners that understand collaboration is critical for the industry to reach its full growth potential and we couldn’t be happier to find banks that embrace this same core value.”
Southeast Hemp Association
Supporting Hemp Businesses & Associations Across The Country
Hemp-Related Fundamental Business Requirements:
- Compliance-Focused – Thoughtfully designed internal policies and procedures.
- Testing, Testing, Testing – Be prepared to share testing procedures, as well as testing samples on a regular basis.
- Disposal Procedures – Remediation procedures are clearly defined and have been tested.
- No MRB Connection – Proof of completely separate ownership and no operational ties to marijuana-related businesses (MRBs) or entities that sell Delta-8-THC products.
- General Best Practices – Be organized and prepared to discuss all of the above with a banker!